Yesterday I was honored by amazing artist/photographer StudioJan by being nominated for the Versatile Blogger award! It is very humbling to not only be noticed, but to be thought of for any sort of recognition, especially since I’m so new to photography as an art (I’ve taken photos all my life, but only recently put any effort into learning and practicing). I’ve been encouraged by all of you who follow this blog, and especially by the encouragement you leave me in the form of ‘likes’ and comments. So many of you create such great photos that to have you notice mine is very uplifting!
The rules of the award
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My 15 nominations (in no particular order)
2. Travel Photography by Dimitrii Lezine
3. Denzil Jennings Photography
4. h2o by Joanna
5. In My Back Pocket – Photography
6. Project 365 by Kenneth Todd
8. Chief of the least
9. MAZE A DAY
11. Harish Photoblog
13. Plower for Christ
15. Patrick’s Photography
Check out their blogs and am sure you’ll find some new awesome blogs to follow
7 things about me other than my obvious love for photography
1. I am a follower of Jesus
2. I love going on adventures (travel, trying new things, etc)
3. I enjoy trying new foods, esp. various ethnic foods
4. I still have my first car (a 1973 Chevy El Camino I bought in high school)
5. I served in the US Navy (Submarines) for 8 years, inc. a deployment to Afghanistan
6. My current career is as an engineer, but am going to school to be a financial planner/counselor
7. I love the Great Outdoors, and spend as much time as I can doing various activities there (hiking, camping, 4-wheeling, snowboarding, etc, etc)
This blog just recently reached 60 followers, which is something I never would have imagined happening when I started this project! That is a huge boost to my confidence, and has encouraged me on the days that I really didn’t feel like trying to shoot something. And in making myself shoot something everyday, I’ve noticed that I have begun to look at the world around me differently. I can see beauty in everyday objects and scenes. I often find myself looking at something and wondering, “I wonder if that would make an interesting photo.” 🙂
I want to thank you all for your unwavering support and encouragement! Y’all Rock!