Yesterday I was honored by Camila (Thank you!!) with the Sunshine Award!
Now the rules are as follows:
- Include the logo award in your post.
- Answer some questions about yourself (I think it’s 6 more random things about me).
- Nominate some of the other bloggers that you love.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Ok, so 6 six about me…
1. I’m a Christian
2. My favorite color is green
3. I have moved homes 29 times in my life
4. I love sushi (and just about any ‘ethnic’ food)
5. I’m an engineer and financial counselor
6. My first car (which I still have) is older than I am
The following blogs are some of my favorites. I can’t nominate everyone, so here are some of my favorites:
pablobuitrago365 – Pablo has received many awards, I think, and for obvious reasons; check out his blog!
The Northeastern Hippie – a blog w/ great tasting and healthy recipes, great photos, and musings on life. She’s a good friend and a good blogger, check her blog out!
Quotography – new blog, but a great combo of quotes and photos
ScottFillmer.com – great photography and great insights
seeingspotsphoto.com – one of the most creative photographers I’ve met! Learning a lot about being creative from her blog
Today I took the long way home from church. Well, it’s really shorter in distance, but longer in time (staying off of the freeway), and has much more varied scenery. I stopped at a pull off near a lake and noticed that the water level was very low; probably because we haven’t had much rain or snow this winter. I hope for the sake of the summer boaters that this lake fill up by late spring! The second photo is of a structural member of the dock; I found the shape and color of the rust intriguing, along with the pile of fresh-water mussel shells under it.
I thought about trying to photograph something in honor of the Super Bowl, but since I’m not really into sports, and am just going for the friends, fun, and commercials, I figured I’d shoot something that I thought was interesting.
18 mm, 1/400 sec, f/11, ISO 100, EF-S 18-55mm IS kit lens (Low Water)
55 mm, 1/250 sec, f/5/6, ISO 100, EF-S 18-55mm IS kit lens (Rusty Pier)